[Last Update: 20 December 2020]
Searchgage Media understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your information is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits Our Site(s) and will only collect and use information in ways that are useful to you or our clients and in a manner consistent with your rights and Our obligations under the law.
1. Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of Our Site(s);
means a small text file placed on your computer or device by Our Site(s) when you visit certain parts of Our Site(s) and/or when you use certain features of Our Site(s). Details of the Cookies used by Our Site(s) are set out in section 8, below;
|“Our Site/Our Sites”
means this website, searchgage.com; or ournearby.com
|“UK Cookie Law”
means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015; and
means Searchgage Media, a Sole Proprietorship registered in England, whose registered address is 73 Hilltop Avenue, London, NW10 8RY and whose main trading address is Lytchett House, 13 Freeland Park, Wareham Road, Poole, Dorset, BH16 6FA
2. Information About Us
- Our data protection officer is Tino Umo who can be contacted at tino[at]searchgage.com
- We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office No: ZA912827.
If you wish to contact us, please ensure that your query is clear, particularly if it is a request for information about the data We hold about you.
3. Scope – What Does This Policy Cover?
4. What Data Do We Collect?
- Address or Postcode
- Telephone number
- Email Address
- Business/Company Name
- Employment status
- Any other data relevant to the services we provide to our clients such as:
- Debt data (Your Income, Debt Owed, Type of debts, etc.)
- Loan/Credit data (Amount required, Time period, etc.)
We will not seek sensitive personal data from you, such as health details or information revealing your religious beliefs or ethnic origin. Other than listed above, we do not collect financial information relating to you such as bank card details. If you partially complete an inquiry, we may follow up with you to make sure you did not forget to complete the inquiry.
5. How Do We Use Your Data?
All personal data is stored securely in accordance with the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR). For more details on security see section 6, below.
- The function of Our site Ournearby.com is B2B Marketing/Lead Generation, which also involves the collection of Personal Information from individuals who may be interested in a specific type of service, and the sale of this personal information to our clients, who are businesses that provide services in the area for which the personal information was collected.
We sell your personal data to our clients who may use your personal data to contact you about products or services (Debt Advice, Insurance Policy, Mortgage, etc.) they deliver or sell. It allows us to align the products and services of our Clients as closely as possible to your needs and situation. Our clients may then contact you to offer or market their services to you.
We may also process your usage data (your IP address, geographical location, the manner in which you used Our Site(s) etc) for our legitimate business purpose of monitoring and improving our website.
We will also disclose your personal data where legally compelled to do so.
2. The function of this site, Searchgage.com is B2B Marketing, where we use your data to provide the best possible services to you which includes:
- Providing and managing your administrative access to this site and your account.
- Personalising and tailoring your experience.
- Supplying our products/services to you.
- Responding to communication from you.
- Supplying you with our Email newsletter.
- Market Research
- Tracking and Analysing your use of our site.
3. In some cases, the collection of data may be a statutory or contractual requirement, and We will be limited in the products and services We can provide you without your consent for Us to be able to use such data. With your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email or telephone with information, news and offers on Our products and services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the UK GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015.
4. Under UK GDPR we will ensure that your personal data is processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently, without adversely affecting your rights. We will only process your personal data if at least one of the following basis applies:
- you have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at the request of you prior to entering into a contract;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or of another natural person;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller; and/or
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
6. How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
- We only keep your data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above in section 5, and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it. It is necessary to retain and process certain information to enable our business to operate. We may store data in the following places:
In any event, We will conduct an annual review to ascertain whether we need to keep your data. Your data will be deleted if we no longer need it in accordance with the terms of our Data Retention Policy.
2. Data security is of great importance to Us, and to protect your data We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure data collected through Our Site.
3. Notwithstanding the security measures that We take, it is important to remember that the transmission of data via the internet may not be completely secure and that you are advised to take suitable precautions when transmitting to Us data via the internet.
7. How Can You Control Your Data?
- When you submit information via Our Site, you may be given options to restrict Our use of your data. We aim to give you strong controls on Our use of your data (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from Us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in Our emails.
- You may also wish to sign up for one or more of the preference services operating in the UK: The Telephone Preference Service (“the TPS”), the Corporate Telephone Preference Service (“the CTPS”), and the Mailing Preference Service (“the MPS”). These may help to prevent you from receiving unsolicited marketing. Please note, however, that these services will not prevent you from receiving marketing communications that you have consented to receive.
8. Your Right to Withhold Information and Your Right to Withdraw Information After You Have Given it.
- You may access certain areas of Our Site(s) without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on Our Site(s) you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
- You may withdraw your consent for Us to use your personal data as set out in section in 5 at any time by contacting Us using the details set out in section 2, and We will delete Your data from Our systems. However, you acknowledge this may limit Our ability to provide the best possible products and services to you.
9. How Can You Access Your Data?
You have the legal right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Us (where such data is held). Contact Us using the details set out in section 2, and We will send you Your data on Our systems.
10. Summary of Your Rights under the UK GDPR
Under the UK GDPR, you have:
- the right to request access to, deletion of or correction of, your personal data held by Us;
- be informed of what data processing is taking place;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- object to the processing of your personal data;
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority;
- rights with respect to automated decision-making and profiling (see section 11 below).